Another reason why Ratchada midtown is going to be so cool again.
Do you remember that outdoor train market that was on the vacant parking lot at the Ratchada-Ladprao corner? It used to sell vintage collectibles, opened only at night, and was a great place to bring a date.
If you do – you might also recall the Suan Lum Night Bazaar in Lumpini – Bangkok’s biggest night bazaar which also disappeared at around the same time.
It’s been 5 years since they both went missing. What’s the link between the mysterious disappearances of these two legendary night markets?
The Ratchada-Ladprao Night Market (left) and The Suan Lum Night Bazaar (right) before they went missing 5 years ago
They’re both making a legendary return – as one in the same!
- Who: The Suan Lum Night Bazaar
- Stage: The long strip of land where the Ratchada-Ladprao train market used to be
- Audience: Mid-town Ratchada folk who’ve been waiting patiently for all the heavy condominium development and investment in the area to finally pay off
- When: November 25, 2015
The story goes – Suan Lum Night Bazaar, the largest of its kind in Bangkok, ran out on its 10 year lease on a 120-acre plot of land in Lumpini and acquired the space on the Ratchada-Ladprao intersection where the train market used to be. Beginning construction in 2010, the new Suan Lum Night Bazaar’s multi-building complex is complete and ready to open end of November this year!
The new Suan Lum Night Bazaar will consist of:
- Shopping Center – with 6 shopping zones from arts, fashion, handcrafts to pet shops
- 4-star Hotel – with over 1,600 hotel rooms, 2 large event halls, and all the luxury facilities you expect
- 24 hour super market – including 24 hour restaurants
- Thai Boxing Gym – for training and professional matches
- Theatre – movies, live shows and plays
- Water Park – a rooftop theme park
- Mini Zoo – an educational zoo for the youth
- World Museum – a source of knowledge and wonders of the world
The prophesies due to the heavy investment along Ratchadapisek road have come true!
A Bangkok midtown alternative to living downtown has arrived. The Ratchadapisek avenue between Rama 9 and Ladprao roads has extensive subway coverage, exceptional condominium value and with the new addition of the Suan Lum Night Bazaar – 4 major mixed-use lifestyle malls bringing exceptional added-value for its residents down the midtown avenue’s entire range.
The four mixed-use lifestyle malls on Ratchada
- Central Rama 9 – marks the top of midtown Ratchada at the Rama 9 intersection
- The Street Ratchada – in the middle of Ratchada avenue (making its debut end of this year as well!)
- Esplanade – in the middle of Ratchada avenue
- Suan Lum Night Bazaar – marks the end of the Ratchada avenue at the Ladrprao intersection
Click the life-style malls for their location and condominiums nearby